Thursday, July 8, 2010

Rested...

Never in my right mind would I have thought that I would feel rested at 5:45 am - LOL. That was all before Alton came around. Bedtime is around 9-10pm depending on whether it's my night to get up with him or not. So since it wasn't my night, I slept a full seven hours - that is wonderful!

Today I woke up and felt rested, I totally could have kept sleeping but didn't. I'm glad I woke up because an hour later I've done my SOAP and spent time praying. Not only that, the house is quiet and peaceful. I need a little of that everyday. Looking around our family room brings a smile to my face. All around me screams - baby! Bottles, his tiny outfits, socks, his swing and rocking chair. I still don't understand how God could have blessed us with Alton. As hard as it is some days, all those times put together don't add up to how much of a blessing or how fun it is to have him.


I know Alvin and I always look at him and can't believe he is our son. In eight weeks he's changed so much and we can't imagine our lives without him. I just melt every time I see his little face.


1 comment: